Sometimes, one of the most memorable parts of a vacation is the journey it takes to get there. At just about four hours away, Fort Lauderdale to Cabana Inn in Key West is a drive filled with unique spots to explore along the way. You don’t have to wait until you arrive at our hotel close to Duval Street for the fun to start. Give yourself plenty of time on the drive to and from Key West to check out the sights.
A Checklist of Stops to Include on Your Florida Road Trip Itinerary
With its sandy beaches and tranquil waters, Key West is the perfect destination when you’re looking to escape from it all. Whether you call Fort Lauderdale home or are flying into the city’s airport, the route to our adults-only hotel is filled with a variety of attractions and activities to enjoy along the drive.
- Play tourist by exploring the museum campus at the Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, including a 1907 pioneer house museum and 1899 schoolhouse museum.
- As you make your way out of town, wander the nature trails, reptile habitat, and butterfly garden found on the 57-acres that make up Secret Woods Nature Center.
- Visit the largest and oldest zoological garden in Florida by stopping at Zoo Miami. Make your visit even more memorable by checking out various activities like animal feedings or encounters.
- Learn about Florida history while exploring the ocean at Pigeon Key. Found in Marathon, this island offers daily tours at noon and 2 p.m. and is a great spot to enjoy a picnic lunch. To get to Pigeon Key, you can walk or bike across the Old Seven Mile Bridge.
- Make a quick detour to the National Key Deer Refuge in Summerland Key. Enjoy wildlife viewing from wildlife observation platforms and Mannillo Trail. You can also go for guided walks, kayak excursions, or bike rides.
Let the Fun Begin on Your Drive to Key West
After making the drive from Fort Lauderdale to Key West, relax and unwind at Cabana Inn. Found right off Duval Street in the heart of Old Town, you’ll have a tranquil place to call home during your Florida vacation. Whether you stay in one of our standard guest rooms or spacious suites, you’ll have a relaxing space to rest up after each adventure-filled day.
Once you’ve checked in, set off exploring the fun activities and attractions found throughout the island. Be sure to relax by our pool and jacuzzi or take part in our nightly wine and cheese happy hour. For more information about booking your stay or special offers, call 866-413-2230.