When you think of the different areas of Key West, you probably think of places like Duval Street and Mallory Square. However, there are numerous individual spaces throughout the island just waiting for you to discover them on your next stay at Cabana Inn. Situated in the heart of Old Town, our adults-only Key West hotel puts you just blocks away from Bahama Village. As you plan out your itinerary, leave time to explore this neighborhood.
What to Do and See When Exploring Bahama Village
Located between Whitehead, Fort, Angela, and Catherine streets is the 12-block area known as Bahama Village. This square is where the first Bahamian settlers arrived in the 19th century. Today, this neighborhood represents the flavors, traditions, and culture of those original settlers.
You never know what you’ll find wandering through the streets exploring the shops and restaurants located here.
- If you sleep through our continental breakfast, start your day at Blue Heaven, one of the best breakfast spots on the island. Try their pancakes or breakfast sandwich.
- Take your time exploring Bahama Village Market, situated behind the well-known colorful sign. This open-air market features shops and kiosks filled with local souvenirs and handicrafts.
- Grab a sweet treat from La Creperie to-go and enjoy it as you listen to the music that fills the streets. You can hear a variety of island-inspired genres, from reggae to calypso to junkanoo.
- For a mid-day meal, pop into Santiago’s Bodega. This restaurant is known for its tapas, so you mix and match these small plates to create your perfect meal.
- Be sure your camera is charged to capture images of the architecture, like houses painted in pastel hues or fences adorned with nautical accessories.
Our knowledgeable front desk staff can provide you with further recommendations on what to do and see in this Key West neighborhood.
Start Planning Your Key West Escape
Whether you’re looking for your next summer vacation destination or where to go for a romantic getaway, look no further than Cabana Inn. This Key West hotel puts you near the unique areas of the island like Bahama Village and Duval Street while providing a tropical oasis escape.
As one of the top lodging options in Key West, our adults-only hotel has everything you need to enjoy your getaway. Each of our 24 rooms has all the modern comforts you could want while keeping the charm of the historic conch estate. Take advantage of on-site amenities like a lagoon-style pool and happy hour to make the most out of your stay. Call 866-413-2230 to learn more about booking your stay or how to save.